MONTANA NATURAL HISTORY CENTER – 2016 Annual Banquet & Auction
Thanks to everyone from the Missoula Community who attended the 2016 Montana Natural History Center Annual Auction! Thanks to your generosity, over $80,000 was raised for the promotion of education for stewardship of our natural resources!
LM Auctions invites you to the 2016 Annual Banquet and Auction in support of the Montana Natural History Center! October 7, 2106 at the University Center Ballroom is the date for you to reserve for this extravaganza.
Please join us for an evening of:
- Silent & Live Auctions
- Fabulous Supper
- Visiting with old friends and making new ones
- Reflection on the year and the accomplishments you helped make happen at MNHC
Call 406.327.0405 today and reserve your spot for this amazing FUNdraiser and be sure to tell them that LM Auctions sent you!
Auction Type: Live & Silent Only
- Starts: October 7, 2016 - 7pm
- Ends: October 7, 2016 - 8pm
- Location: University of Montana - UC Ballroom
- Preview Date: October 7, 2016 - 5pm
- End Preview Date: October 7, 2016 - 7pm
Auction Company Info
- Auction Company:
LM Auctions, LLC
Food and Drink:
- Supper included with Event Tickets.
Purpose of Auction:
Toys and Fun
This package provides everything a Missoulian could want for a morning commute – a stylish ride, killer caffeine and a sugar fix! Missoula Bicycle Works has donated a Pure City Crosby commuter bike, guaranteed to provide the best in-town biking experience possible. This bike is built to live, ride, and thrive in the urban environment. Begin your morning commute at Clyde Coffee, where these connoisseurs of coffee will provide you the amazing brew of your choice, every day of the week for a year! On the first Monday of the month, you will also pick up a six pack of delicious vegan and gluten-free doughnuts from Missoula’s very own delicious Tandem Bakery! Time to give up that car? Thank you to Missoula Bicycle Works, Clyde Coffee, and Tandem Bakery.
Looking for a unique experience to celebrate an impending wedding or perhaps a graduation? Gather up to 15 of your friends and hop on board Thirst Gear for a bicycle-powered party like no other! Pedal around downtown Missoula, hit a few bars, whoop and holler a bit as you travel to your next spot, eat some food, hit a few more bars, whoop and holler some more, then have some dessert. This package includes a take-out dinner for up to 15 from the Notorious P.I.G. BBQ (voted Missoula’s best BBQ joint in 2015); a beverage (beer, wine, or cider) at The Dram Shop; and finally, a stop at Sweet Peaks for one of their incredibly decadent ice cream cones. The date for the party must be arranged in 2017 with Tom Snyder. If you’re looking for a truly memorable party, this is it! Thank you to Tom Snyder, The Dram Shop, The Notorious P.I.G. and Sweet Peaks.
Food & Events
Eight close friends; four courses specially prepared by the chef at Missoula’s own Plonk Wine, the famous restaurant on Higgins; with wine pairing for every course; served by the best trained and most dedicated staff in town. Find out what “Plonk” actually means and experience a culinary sensation that can rarely be found outside of San Francisco, Seattle, or New York. A very special way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasion. Thank you to Plonk
Exceptional natural history and scrumptious food make a terrific combination and promise to create a memorable evening. Here’s the plan: six people will gather at Pearl Cash’s house in the Ninemile drainage, which features a great view of Ch-paa-qn Peak. Erick Greene will start the fun with a demonstration of his research that reveals how birds use their calls to warn other birds (and anyone else listening closely!) of dangers, usually in the form of predators. Erick plans to arm everyone with recorders and then show what certain calls actually mean. Then Pearl will take over and prepare a most special dinner: spring asparagus soup with crab crostini, baby greens from the garden, roasted bison tenderloin with huckleberry chutney and wild mushroom, potato gratin, and then finish with chocolate & honey semifreddo and fresh strawberries in a caramel basket. All courses paired with wines and French-press coffee. Thank you to Erick Greene and Pearl Cash.
Trips and Adventures
This trip, which has been experienced and enjoyed by many people, may well be the MNHC auction favorite. The winning bidder gets his or her choice of whale watching or sea kayaking, both in the Pacific Ocean near La Paz, Mexico. Here are the options:
1) Two people can spend four days/three nights experiencing the breathtaking wildlife of Magdalena Bay, a special reserve for the protection of the Pacific gray whale. The whales migrate here (between late January and early May) to court, breed and give birth. From La Paz you’ll be taken to a beautiful bay-side beach camp nestled in the dunes. Daily excursions into the bay provide close-up encounters of the magnificent and friendly gray whale. Motorized skiffs, skillfully and sensitively operated by local boatmen, are used for whale-watching excursions. Other activities may include bird watching, kayaking in the mangrove estuaries and evening presentations by trained naturalists. Trip includes meals, drinks, and all equipment.
2) Two people can kayak and camp for four nights/three days on Espiritu Santo Island where you can explore beautiful white sand beaches and canyons adorned with hanging fig trees, and snorkel with friendly sea lions and tropical fish. Enjoy hiking, paddling, snorkeling, and fishing. Motorized support skiffs provide a safe and luxurious sea kayaking excursion. Trip includes meals, drinks, and all equipment and can be scheduled in the fall or winter. Thank you to Sea and Adventures, Inc.
This spectacular 5000-acre ranch (the oldest dude ranch in AZ!) is located near Patagonia, south of Tucson. It boasts over 165 miles of trails that wind through rugged canyons and over rocky ridges. But the ranch’s most notable feature is Sonoita Creek, one of the few streams in Arizona that flows year-round. This constant water flow produces world-class birding during migration periods. The ranch is a unique oasis in the middle of the desert. Other species inhabiting the ranch include mountain lions, coatimundi and gila monsters! The ranch has a first-rate naturalist who can take you to all the best places to see wildlife. This item includes a week stay in a private cottage (Sunday to Sunday) and all meals. The ranch has a tennis court and swimming pool, with a championship golf course nearby. Horseback riding on some of the most scenic trails in Arizona is twice daily, or all-day rides can be arranged.
Of 161 recent reviews on Trip Advisor, an incredible 155 people gave the Circle Z Ranch the highest possible rating: “excellent!” The food is great, the wildlife is incredible, and the horseback riding is world class. Thank you to Diana Nash for this generous donation