MONTANA NATURAL HISTORY CENTER – 2017 Annual Banquet & Auction
LM Auctions invites you to the 2017 Annual Banquet and Auction in support of the Montana Natural History Center! September 30, 2107 at the University Center Ballroom is the date for you to reserve for this extravaganza.
Please join us for an evening of:
- Silent & Live Auctions
- Fabulous Supper
- Visiting with old friends and making new ones
- Reflection on the year and the accomplishments you helped make happen at MNHC
Call 406.327.0405 today and reserve your spot for this amazing FUNdraiser and be sure to tell them that LM Auctions sent you!
Auction Type: Live & Silent Only
- Starts: September 30, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Ends: September 30, 2017 - 9:00pm
- Location: University of Montana - UC Ballroom
- Preview Date: September 30, 2017 - 5:00pm
- End Preview Date: September 30, 2017 - 8:00pm
Auction Company Info
- Auction Company:
LM Auctions, LLC
- All items for auction provided by Private Treaty agreement.
Food and Drink:
- Supper included with Event Tickets. No-host bar.
Purpose of Auction:
Number of auction blocks/rings/lines: 1
Experience the rare life forms in these remote islands that helped Charles Darwin formulate his theory of evolution. Many of the islands are nearly unchanged when The Beagle visited them in 1835. Expect to encounter tortoises, iguanas and an amazing diversity of birds and sea mammals. This week-long trip will take place on one of Ecoventura’s signature yachts, the MV ORIGIN, the newest and most comfortable 20-passenger premium-class yacht in Galapagos. (Check out a fabulous video tour of the MV ORIGIN here!) The vessel was custom built in Ecuador in 2016 and is operated by Ecoventura, a recognized leader in sustainable tourism, offering life-enriching experiences on expedition vessels since 1990.
The cruise includes your accommodation in a deluxe stateroom, all meals, snacks and beverages (open bar), guided shore excursions and briefings, transfers from dock to ship in the islands, use of snorkeling equipment, kayaks, paddle boards and wets suits for the trip are all provided. The Galapagos have some of the most outstanding snorkeling on the planet! Several highly-trained guides are on each boat offering top-notch interpretation. Ecoventura receives very high marks from Yelp and TripAdvisor. Airfare and hotel accommodations before and after the cruise in Ecuador not included.
Access to ALL concerts at the new Kettlehouse Amphitheater for one year! For concertgoers seeking a unique outdoor live music experience, there are few venues better than the new KettleHouse Amphitheater. Located adjacent to the award-winning KettleHouse Brewery, and nestled on the banks of the Blackfoot River, the 4,000-person-capacity Amphitheater provides artists and concertgoers a uniquely Montana entertainment experience.
This all-inclusive property is one of the world’s only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star guest ranches. Enjoy a two-nights’ stay for two guests in the Granite Lodge or a Classic “Glamping” Cabin! Your stay also includes world-class meals each day including premium wine, beer, and spirits. Feeling adventurous? Try any two guided activities per person with gear included. Valid dates: October 1, 2017-June 7, 2018 (blackout dates: November 22-26, 2017; December 21, 2017-January 2, 2018 and seasonal celebration weekends unless noted at time of booking).
Toga, Toga, Toga!!!! A generation of people had their lives significantly affected by the movie Animal House, starring John Belushi, when it first came out 38 years ago. Now you can return to those glory days in the safe confines of your own home, with toga or without, with your best friends (maximum 20). Mark Metcalf, who played Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Sergeant at Arms, will come to your home and tell behind-the-scenes stories about the making of the movie and the wild history of the cast and crew during the making of the film (plus what has happened to them since!). Dinner graciously provided by The Depot. You provide the booze and the righteous attitude.
This trip, which has been experienced and enjoyed by many people, may well be the MNHC auction favorite! The winning bidder gets his or her choice of whale watching or sea kayaking, both in the Pacific Ocean near La Paz, Mexico. Here are the options:
1) Two people can spend four days/three nights experiencing the breathtaking wildlife of Magdalena Bay, a special reserve for the protection of the Pacific gray whale. The whales migrate here (between late January and early May) to court, breed, and give birth. From La Paz you’ll be taken to a beautiful bay-side beach camp nestled in the dunes. Daily excursions into the bay provide close-up encounters of the magnificent and friendly gray whale. Motorized skiffs, skillfully and sensitively operated by local boatmen, are used for whale-watching excursions. Other activities may include bird watching, kayaking in the mangrove estuaries, and evening presentations by trained naturalists. Trip includes meals, drinks, and all equipment.
2) Two people can kayak and camp for four nights/three days on Espiritu Santo Island where you can explore beautiful white sand beaches and canyons adorned with hanging fig trees, and snorkel with friendly sea lions and tropical fish. Enjoy hiking, paddling, snorkeling, and fishing. Motorized support skiffs provide a safe and luxurious sea kayaking excursion. Trip includes meals, drinks, and all equipment and can be scheduled in the fall or winter. Thank you to Sea and Adventures,
Eight close friends; four courses specially prepared by the chef at Missoula’s own Plonk, the famous restaurant on Higgins; with wine pairing for every course; served by the best trained and most dedicated staff in town. Find out what “Plonk” actually means and experience a culinary sensation that can rarely be found outside of San Francisco, Seattle, or New York. A very special way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasion. Thank you to Plonk.
Tom Philips has been flying around Montana and the world for three decades. He will take three lucky passengers on an aerial tour of the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness, referred to as “the most pristine wilderness area in the contiguous United States.” The tour includes a stop for lunch at the West Fork Lodge, which has its own landing strip. After lunch, you’ll enjoy a flight north over the wilderness one more time before returning to Missoula. This trip can be altered and used as a scout for elk if there are interested hinters. Tom will fly within a 50-mile radius from Missoula as low and as is safe and advisable while you look for the trophy that you’ll be seeking come hunting season! Thank you to Tom Philips.
Snow lovers, this one is for you! Enjoy a full week stay at Crestwood Resort in Whitefish, only a short 1.5 miles from Whitefish Mountain Resort. The spacious condo comfortably sleeps eight (two bedroom/two bath with a queen bed in the master bedroom, two twin beds in the second bedroom, and two sofas in the living room, one of which is a queen hide-a-bed). Each unit is newly refurbished with a washer/dryer, cable TV, gas or wood fireplace and a fully-equipped kitchen to make things nice and easy during your stay. After a day on the slopes, you can soak in the outdoor hot tub or swim in the heated pool! This package includes two full-day adult lift tickets for Whitefish Mountain. Available dates: January 12th-19th, 2018, during the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, making this the perfect week to get away!
Wine Tasting and Appetizers for Eight.
When daydreaming about the most iconic Italian wines, we picture sweeping hills, terraced vineyards, incredible cheeses, and superb cuisine. These images find their fullest expression through the grapes of varied regions of Italy. Enjoy a wine tasting for eight with Caffe Dolce wine director Jerod Peitsmeyer. Dolce will present incredible tasters accompanied by an amazing array of appetizers. Date must be agreed upon in advance; no Friday use.